iPleaders Forum – Your Home for Law Related Questions & Answers!

How to apply petition and where?  


Thanks for your information sir.
I worked in Kasare Vanya Silk mills,Raipur,they closed the unit by taking government subsidies and bank account went NPA and the unpaid wages cheque got bounced due to insufficient funds.
Please advice,How can I get my unpaid salary? Where the petition to be filled?my area is RAIPUR, chhattisgarh
Thanks in advance.


You have a number of legal remedies available.

The first and foremost would be to file a complaint under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. The Complaint has to be filed within 30 days from the date of dishonor of cheque. The Complaint can be filed in the the District court which falls under the jurisdiction of your residence or where your bank is located.

Secondly, you can get an FIR registered against the Company for non-payment of money and playing fraud upon you. Thirdly, you can initiate a summary suit under Civil Procedure Code. Fourthly, you can write a complaint to the labor court/commissioner.

Make sure you send across a legal notice to the company before taking any action against them. It is always better if you take help from a lawyer before initiating any legal action.


For any other query, contact [email protected]


Bouncing of a cheque is a criminal offence under section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act, the notice has to be sent by the payee to the drawer in writing within 30 days from the date of cheque return memo from the bank, and demand the cheque amount within 15 days from the date of the receipt of such notice.

The complaint can be filed in the district court which falls under the jurisdiction of your residence or where your office is situated.


You can sent legal notice to the company  for claiming  your legal dues.


Please Login or Register