iPleaders Forum – Your Home for Law Related Questions & Answers!

Mental harassment at University (BHU)   


I am getting mental harassment by professor regarding my PhD Thesis submission intentionally. I need proper guidance as i am passing through lot of mental pressure.please can i get a proper contact person where i can detail whole thing .

Prity Singh
PhD Scholar



down voteaccepted


From the discussion above, it seems like you are an engineering/technical student. Technical education in India falls under the concurrent list -- i.e. both state and union laws apply.

The relevant national body is the AICTE, which does have a mechanism for grievance redressal, this is often used as the primary source of complaints against ragging. The 2004 guidelines for Grievance Processes require a sub-30-day resolution of complaints. In fact, all accredited technical institutions in India are required to have a local Grievance Redressal Cell and Ombudsman as per this 2012 notification. Finally, you could contact AICTE directly.

Students may also file grievances at the UGC (University Grants Commission). The UGC is a statutory body in charge of "coordination, determination, and maintenance of standards of higher education". In 1987, they released "Guidelines for student entitlements". See sections 2.5, 2.6 regarding fairness in evaluation and section 5 which deals with discriminatory treatment.



Please Login or Register