There is a current boom in the real estate sector and is creating an enormous demand in India where there are only around 4,500 architects that graduate annually from 180 schools. This has created a demand and this demand will only grow further in the next couple of years.
If you are an architect graduate then this article will show you the licenses and registrations requirement to start up an Architecture Agency.
Architecture Agency Registration
The business can adopt either a form of a sole proprietorship or that of a partnership. The firm thus has to follow the procedures for registering their Architecture Agency along the guidelines of either of the form- of Partnership Act or get the shop registered as a sole proprietorship.
However, as per the Architects Act, a company whether it be private or public, a society or other judicial persons is not allowed to practice architecture or use the title of “architect”.
Shops And Establishment License For Architecture Agency
Each of these business structures have their own form of registration requirements but an aspect that remains common to all three forms is the Shop and establishment license, which is given by the inspector of that area.
All business are required to be registered under the Shops and Establishments Act with the inspectorate of that area.
This must be done within a month’s time of setting up the Architecture Agency, subsequent to which a statement is to be issued to inspector.
This Statement That You Will Send To The Inspector Will Contain-
- Name of the employer,
- The name and address of the business including the Postal Address,
- Category of business,
- Number of employees employed,
- Date on which the establishment commenced business.
Documents For Registration Under This Act Are:
- Commercial Address Proof,
- Identity Proof,
- Pan Card,
- Fee payment Challan.
The processing fee for this Architecture Agency license is usually between Rs. 125 to Rs. 12,500, depending upon the number of employees and manpower you are employing for the business.
Architecture Agency license shall be issued immediately if all the details in the application are accepted.
Registration With The Council Of Architecture (COA)
The most important and obvious step is to get registered with the Council of Architecture(COA) and obtain a certificate from a recognized university.
To apply for registration as an architect under section 25(a) of the Architects Act, 1972, a person is required to submit various documents-
Documents to be submitted-
Documents must be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public/Oath Commissioner or self attested. Documents should be properly stapled with the application form in the same order as provided in the Checklist.
The documents to be submitted for the Registration include the following:
- Application form:After filling up the application online, take a printout of the duly filled form and sign it.
- Birth certificate:A copy of the date of birth certificate- attested by either a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public/Oath Commissioner.
- 10 + 2 mark sheet: A copy of mark sheet of 10+2 or equivalent examination showing at least 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level attested by either a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public/Oath Commissioner.
- Architectural qualification certificate in original: The final recognized architectural qualification degree certificate on the basis of which registration is sought i.e. 5-year B.Arch. Degree or 5-year Diploma in Architecture or 5-year Government Diploma in Architecture or Membership of I.I.A. Certificate, In Original,
- Copies of mark sheets for all semesters/years,
- Caste/ category certificate: If any applicable,
- Demand draft:A demand draft for Rs.600/- (non-refundable) drawn in favor of “Council of Architecture”- payable at Delhi/New Delhi towards registration fee,
- Self-addressed envelope: For sending the certificate of registration by Registered Post.
- Registered post:The original degree/diploma certificate should preferably be sent by Registered Post to avoid any loss in transit along with a self-addressed envelope large enough to contain it.
Service Tax Registration
The Indian government requires us to pay service tax if it is expected that the turnover would be more than 9 lakhs.
The application for such registration has to be filled through ST-1 form which can be submitted online after creating an account on the following page https://www.aces.gov.in/STASE/ui/jsp/common/registerWithACES.do
This’s all about Architecture Agency: Licensing and Registration Policy for now. Did you find this post useful? Let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to Share!