This article has been written by Amulya (Team Lawsikho).
This article has been published by Sneha Mahawar.
The work in tech law is very diverse and dynamic in nature. The scope of work in tech law is only limited by the developments in technology. This article discusses some of the various jobs and freelancing works available in tech law on some of the most popular professional and work platforms.
- Outer Space Administrative Assistant
This is the job for you if you are interested in outer space. The icing on the cake is if you are also well-versed in legal writing. Become an Administrative Assistant for Space Law and Ethics. Legal researchers and Paralegals with an interest in International business, law, and technology are recommended for this position.
The necessary experience for this job is:
- A flair for legal writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience as an administrative assistant or any related field for over 2 years
- Ability to effectively communicate and adhere to timelines
The application process is as follows:
- Submit a brief essay enunciating your interest in the job as well as your interest in the subject matter of the job essentially outlining what makes you the best candidate for the job.
- Upload the result of your first attempt at an online typing test which can be taken at https://www.typing.com/student/typing-test/1-minute.
This is a SaaS marketplace for freelancers and companies. They are registered in the UK but work internationally with clients all over the world. They require a trusted person to prepare the legal documents for their upcoming project. The work would revolve around technology law with aspects of anti-money laundering and employment law.
Skills necessary for the role:
- Experience in Corporate Law;
- Knowledge of Technology Law;
- Flair in legal writing;
- Basic Tech and IT Consulting;
- Crypto Company Registration.
The requirement of the company is an initial consultation to get the company registered in the field of cryptocurrency. The working hours would be less than 30 hrs/week and the duration of the project is less than a month.
The necessary skills to apply for this role are:
- The applicant must have basic knowledge of Cryptocurrency.
- The applicant must be well-versed in Contract Law and Legal Entity Structuring.
- There must be experience in Data Privacy Laws and awareness of the Privacy Act as well property law.
- The applicant should excel in Tech and IT Law and should know the International regulations related to blockchain.
The following skill sets are required for this position:
- The applicant must be well acquainted with data privacy laws and data protection and management.
- The applicant must understand and be versed in legal writing as well as policy drafting.
- Basic knowledge with respect to Tech and IT law is a mandate.
The company is engaged in the business of working with content creators to sell AI bots to their fans. The business charged the content creators via Stripe for such service on a minute basis. The company is in need of legal assistance in the following matters:
- The company wishes to add a fourth co-founder. They require recommendations as to what would be a better option, to add a co-founder to the existing business or dissolve and re-do with the fourth person.
- They already have a contract to hire influencers to allow them to use this platform. They need a person to review the contract so as to remove any liability that the company may have with regard to the AI-Bot and limit such liability to the influencer. Furthermore, the contract needs to include terms and conditions regarding payment and revenue share.
- With respect to the contract, they want it to be appealing to attract the fans as well.
- Paralegal Associate at Anuation Research and Consulting LLP
Anuation is a Research & Consulting firm that diversifies through multiple legal domains including Intellectual Property Services, Research Services, IT Services. They have a team of patent agents, technology experts, engineers and support staff, and are covering a plethora of technical fields such as HITECH sector, ITC sector, Engineering sector and Biotech Domain.
They require a paralegal associate who would be required to handle the patent applications as well as file them. The applicant will have to adhere to all deadlines and follow up with the clients to enable smooth functioning.
The necessary skill set for the position is as follows:
- The candidate must be well-equipped to work on MS Office.
- The candidate should have above-average knowledge of all patent-related documents.
- Any prior experience working with patent applications would be preferable.
- The candidate must also have basic awareness of IP docketing and should be flexible in working on manual docketing and auto-docketing software.
- Data Privacy Protection Client Data Protection Architect in Accenture
Accenture is a leading global professional services company with specialisation in digital, cloud and security. The company offers Strategy and Consulting, Technology Consulting, and Technology & Operation services.
The company requires a ‘Client Data Protection Architect’ who would be required to understand, assess and establish Client Data Protection controls and parameters to reduce the business risk faced by the company as well as the clients of the company. Key responsibilities include partaking in the Client Data Protection Support team based in India and working and managing controls as mentioned in the security contracts.
The experience necessary to apply for this position is as follows:
- Basic knowledge of the structuring of a contract including the main terms of a contract.
- Experience working in information security frameworks.
- Candidates must have a legal contracting background along with knowledge of the tech aspects.
- Understanding of cross-border data protection rules.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Legal Manager at CRISIL Ltd.
CRISIL is an Indian analytical company that provides ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services and is a subsidiary of the American company S&P Global. The company is looking for a legal manager who would have the following job responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing contracts of the company which includes RFP’s, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Statement of Works, Licensing Agreements, IPR-related documents and any other legal documents pertaining to CRISIL.
- Providing assistance in the implementation of the contractual process as well as carefully monitoring all contracts.
- Be involved in mediation and dispute resolution by actively participating in all the claims, disputes, etc and taking note of the same referring to the contracts of the company.
- The candidate will also be required to provide assistance and guidance with reference to more complex legal arrangements, for example, regulatory matters or employment issues.
- Maintaining consistency of the contracts of the company and their timelines, both regionally and globally.
- Advisory position with respect to Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection.
- Assistant Legal Counsel at HSBC
HSBC is a banking and financial services organisation operating in more than 60 countries. The company is currently on the lookout for an experienced professional for the role of Assistant Legal Counsel.
The following are the responsibilities associated with this role:
- Take ownership of the negotiation and execution process for Traded Market Documents, including ISDA Master Agreement, CSA, AFMA, GMRA, GMSLA, CDEA, Compensation Agreements, Guarantees, FX Give Up notices and related documents.
- Ensure end-to-end management of the negotiation and execution process for these documents.
- Conduct a thorough review of the constitutional documents for each counterparty, considering their jurisdiction and the applicable laws in various global regions.
- Assess the constitutional documents to ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements.
- Ability to work in a team to ensure efficient completion of work across the team.
- Timely update of the internal databases and entry into the system is a mandate.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and deliver quick turnaround times.
- Utilize legal and analytical skills to perform comprehensive research and analysis.
- Enhance the research process to ensure accurate and informed decision-making.
- Paralegal for Dunzo
Dunzo is an Indian company that is engaged in the business of delivering groceries, essentials, fruits, meat, and pet supplies to customers at the click of a button. It uses a bot based system to interact with the customers and provide enhanced services. The company wants to hire a paralegal. This position shall include the following job responsibilities:
- Managing and organising the repository of all legal documents making a system for efficient document storage and maintaining their integrity and confidentiality.
- Proofreading all legal documents and verifying all details as the business is tech-savvy in nature.
- Managing the vendor and invoice and maintaining accurate records for the same.
- Compiling information and preparing statistics, charts, graphs, and other summaries is another responsibility which will help present this data in an appealing manner.
- Assisting the legal team with their requirements on a timely basis is an important aspect of the role, which may include drafting contracts for the use of AI as well as conducting research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, at an intermediate to advanced level is essential for carrying out the responsibilities efficiently.
Students of Lawsikho courses regularly produce writing assignments and work on practical exercises as a part of their coursework and develop themselves in real-life practical skills.
LawSikho has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, referrals, and various opportunities. You can click on this link and join: