Table of Contents
About Ahimsa Fellowship
Are you compassionate towards animals? Would you like to contribute towards making an impact in animal welfare? Do you want to seek a meaningful career that aligns with your passion for animals? Apply for the Ahimsa Fellowship and pursue compassionate outcomes through advocacy. India’s first ever fellowship program in animal welfare is back with its second cohort and applications are closing very soon!
Ahimsa Fellowship aims at mentoring and training young individuals from across India to attain proficiency in animal welfare advocacy. The curriculum of the program has been curated with inputs from leading experts in the field of animal welfare and the social sector. Ahimsa Fellows will work to render assistance to the State Governments and District Administration and law enforcement agencies for the enforcement of animal protection laws.
A comprehensive 9-month leadership training program has been designed to bolster the capacity of fellows to emerge as effective animal advocates. It offers a unique learning opportunity for advocates, activists and persons inclined towards animals to learn how to protect animals through law enforcement and advocacy.
The Ahimsa Fellowship is powered by People For Animals and People For Animals Uttarakhand. It is supported by Ahimsa Trust, Humane Society International – India, Mercy For Animals – India, Miranda House (University of Delhi) and Kaivalya Education Foundation.
– Graduation degree in any discipline
– Good communication skills [English and a regional language(desirable)]
– Passion for animal welfare/animal rights
– Persistence, lateral thinking, innovation and being a team player
– Between 22 and 35 years old
– Be available to attend the full 9-month duration of the program
– Indian National
- Mentorship with the best experts in the field of animal welfare
- Enrolment in National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Hyderabad’s One Year Advanced Diploma in Animal Protection Laws
- Travel and accommodation to New Delhi or any other venue for mandatory contact classes and field work.
- Experiential learning
- Peer learning
- Placement Opportunities to build a career in animal advocacy
Selection to the Fellowship is highly competitive. Candidates are required to fill a detailed application form. Based on the quality of the answers submitted in the form, applicants will be shortlisted for a phone-interview. Final selection of Fellows involves an interview with the selection committee.
Visit ahimsafellowship.org to know more and apply for the Ahimsa Fellowship.
Last Date to Apply: 10 September 2022
Check out The Ahimsa Fellowship Experience here !
Our Social Media Channels : Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
For enquiries, drop us an email at [email protected]