Neighbor Poisoned Dog:
Neighbor poisoned dog under many circumstances and pet owners suffers while taking care of poisoned animals. So to prevent this situation Indian government help those pet owners to register complaints under PCA act 1960.
According to Elizabeth Parker
A dog is not a thing. A thing is replaceable. A dog is not. A thing is disposable. A dog is not. A thing doesn’t have a heart. A dog’s heart is bigger than any “thing” you can ever own.
Neighbors & Pets Relations:
There are many cases where neighbor poisoned dog. When we talk about the relation we share with our neighbors. A lot of people are not on good relations with them. There are cases when neighbors have a problem if people keeps dog as pet and some of them even cross the line by causing any harms to the dogs or sometimes even poisoned them.
When you suspect your dog has been maliciously harmed or poisoned do following things.
- Laboratory test to determine the source of poison.
- Keeping the test results save for your record.
Charges if Neighbor Poisoned Dog:
- Under Indian law it is illegal if your neighbor has poisoned your dog and the person can sue his/her neighbor for doing this.
- According to Under Section 11(c) The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 was enacted to prevent cruelty towards animal.
- It was attempt to bring down the unnecessary pain and suffering that animals go through.
- If any person willfully and unreasonably administers any injurious drug or injurious substance to (any animal) He/She shall be liable (if the offence has been committed for the first time).
- With fine not less than ten rupees which may extend to fifty rupees.
- If the offence has been committed second time within the three years of previous offence, he/she shall be liable with fine of one hundred rupees or imprisonment for a term three months or both.
- The Wildlife Protection Act of 1972 was enacted to protect animals, birds and plants.
- It is applicable to whole of India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir and state of Sikkim.
Reference 1 – Section 11(c) of PCA Act,1960
Registering Complaints After Neighbor Poisoned Dog
- The person can lodge a complaint/FIR against his neighbor.
- The police are under the obligation to take action if the offence is listed under Section 11 & 12 of the prevention of cruelty to animals act.
- If the police doesn’t adhere the complaint the owner can go to the magistrate and can file a written complaint.
- The dog owner can also lodge a complaint under Section 428 and 429 of Indian Penal Code ‘mischief of killing an animal amounts to an offence.’
Punishments and Penalty After Neighbor Poisoned Dog:
- Shouldn’t commits mischief by killing, poisoning, maiming or rendering useless any animal or animals.
- Penalty starts of ten rupees to fifty rupees or upwards.
- Shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years to five years, or with fine, or with both.
Reference 2 – Section 428 IPC
Reference 3 – Section 429 IPC
Actions Taken on if Neighbor Poisoned Dog:
According to Indian Constitution under Article 51A (g)
- Imposes upon every Indian Citizen a fundamental duty to have compassion for all living creatures.
- After Neighbors poisoned the dog and that too shamelessly, it is the duty of the owner to bring justice and become the voice of these mute and speechless dogs.
There are many people who faced such inhumanities from their neighbor regarding their pets. We are eager to hear any such incident from you.