Since 2013, at iPleaders, we have been working on the problem of sexual harassment at workplace in India. Even before the law was notified we knew that it will not be easy to implement it in letter and spirits. Back in August 2013 we were already building the earliest tools to help individual employees as well as corporate India to make sense of the law and writing the earliest blog posts.
Since then we have catered to some of the best known names of India Inc for a reasonable fee as well as counseled and consulted many victims of sexual harassment for no cost. While Pallavi Pareek, one of our co-founders, inspired us to work on this issue; eventually the iPleaders team which is male dominated on the content development side, made the cause their Focal Point for a long time.
To be honest this book should’ve been launched at least a Year earlier it is my fault alone that urgent took over what is important and the work on the book was delayed by almost a year. However I am proud to present this extremely functional and Powerful ebook, created by iPleaders and Design by Andheri and art affairs because I am very certain that it is going to make a difference out in the world.
- What is sexual harassment?
- The difference between sexual assault and sexual harassment
- Is it a crime to ask out your colleague?
- What if I pursue my co-worker with a not sexual but romantic interest?
- What if I am having a consensual relationship with a co-worker?
- What if you are discriminated against because of your looks?
- What if a colleague passes comments behind your back?
- What about preferential treatment due to sexual interest ?
- Scenario based questions – identify whether the conduct qualifies as sexual harassment
- How can you help someone who is a victim of sexual harassment?
- Employment status of the woman: is she protected as per the act?
- Did the harassment occur at the ‘workplace’?
- Scenario based questions: Identify whether the incident occurs at a ‘workplace’
- Is the perpetrator under the control of the employer?
- Which situations are not covered under the act?
- What steps can be taken in case a woman faces sexual harassment?
- What can be done if the woman is unable to personally submit a complaint?
- What is the procedure after filing a complaint with the ICC?
- Appeal process
- Employer’s duties under the Sexual Harassment Act
- How do you know if your employer has taken all necessary steps?
- What can you do if your employer is not complying with the laws?
- What action can a woman take in case an employer has not constituted the ICC?
- Consequences of violation of obligations
- Sample complaint letter
- Compliance Checklist
Sexual Harassment at Workplace in India : Let’s Stop it Together – Read & share the ebook on your preferred mediums
You can also read on, download from or save to:
— lawsikho (@LawSikho) November 4, 2015