This article has been written by Oishika Banerji and has been published by Sneha Mahawar.
Can an island with only 56.9 lakh population can offer some of the world’s best universities to pursue an LLM program from?
Yes, it definitely can! You guessed it right. We are talking about Singapore.
Marina Bay Sands pool, rich country, Singlish language, Merlion statue, expat city, unique laws, land of shopping malls, clean city, and …. well well this list is not going to end for Singapore is home to everything a person dreams of having. Imagine your university being there, that too with an amazing faculty, multiple career growth opportunities and some of the best LLM programs.
Dreaming? Let us start aiming!
Here I present to you a list of top universities in Singapore that are globally recognized for the LLM programs offered by them:
National University of Singapore (NUS) – Faculty of Law
- Subjects in which the LLM program is offered are Asian Legal Studies, Corporate & Financial Services Law, Intellectual Property & Technology Law, International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, International & Comparative Law, and Maritime Law.
- The LLM program is offered for a period of 12 months and the tuition fees for the same is 35,650 SGD.
New York University School of Law (NYU) / National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Students earn their LLB degree from NUS and their LL.M. degree from NYU School of Law.
- The LLM program period is 48 months.
Singapore Management University (SMU)
The LLM programs offered by SMU are provided hereunder.
Master of Laws in Cross-border Business and Finance Law in Asia (Full-time/ Part-time)
- The time period is 12 months.
- Extra details are available here (For Full-time) and here (For Part-time).
- Master of Laws in Judicial Studies (Full-time/ Part-time)
The time period is 12 months.
Extra details are available here (For Full-time) and here (For Part-time)
Dual LL.M. in Commercial Law (Singapore and London)
- The program is delivered in London and Singapore. Graduates receive two LL.M. degrees: one from SMU and the other from Queen Mary University of London (QMUL).
- The tuition fees are £14,000 to QMUL in January and S$28,000 w/GST to SMU in August.
- The duration of the program is 16 months.
Sorbonne-Assas International Law School – Singapore Campus (Full-time)
- Offers LL.M. in International Business Law with the course duration being 9 months.
- Program offered in partnership with the Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) and INSEAD Business School. Students can receive a certificate of participation from INSEAD after completion of an additional four months of management courses.
- Program is offered in Paris, Singapore, Dubai, and Mauritius.
National University of Singapore (NUS) / East China University of Politics and Law (ECUPL) (Full-time)
- The LL.M. in International Business Law (IBL) is taught in both Singapore and Shanghai and is awarded solely by the National University of Singapore.
- The duration of the course is 12 months and a tuition fee of 35,650 SGD is required.
Birmingham City University
- Full-time LLM in International Business Law is offered by this University. Core taught modules include:
- International Corporate Law
- Transnational Commercial Law
- Corporate Criminality and Tax Evasion
- Advanced Legal Research Methods
- Some more optional modules are:
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Conflict Resolution in Business
- Global Comparative Competition Law
- Corporate Compliance
- Comparative International Corporate Insolvency Law
- Course fees and the process of applying are provided here and here respectively.
London School of Business and Finance (Full-time/ Part-time)
- Master of Law in International Business Law offered.
- Course duration is 11-23 months, with a tuition fee of 23,000 SDG.
ITC School of Laws, Singapore
BAC College Singapore is a popular choice for students intending to pursue an international legal and business education. The law program enjoys the distinctive reputation of being the only PEI in Singapore to have produced 1st Class (Honours) and consistent Second (Class (Honours) students on the University of London Bachelor of Laws program.
Bonus knowledge: You can also check out SAA Global Education Centre.
Now that you have the list of top LLM universities in Singapore, you must be wondering what more do we have in store for your career in LLM.
We invite you to our 3-day FREE online Bootcamp to answer your questions around Should I do an LLM abroad? How can it help my career? from 18-20 December, 6-9 pm Indian Standard Time.
Registration Link: https://lawsikho.com/llmbootcamp
The Bootcamp will be hosted by Ramanuj Mukherjee, CEO & Co-Founder of LawSikho, and Abhyuday Agarwal, COO & Co-Founder of LawSikho.
They will teach you how to pursue an LLM abroad thereby erasing the confusion created in the minds of several LLM aspirants.
If you have already registered then don’t forget to invite your friends, colleagues, or classmates to this Bootcamp.
Students of Lawsikho courses regularly produce writing assignments and work on practical exercises as a part of their coursework and develop themselves in real-life practical skills.
LawSikho has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, referrals, and various opportunities. You can click on this link and join:
Follow us on Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.