This article is written by team JSLPG. Call for Papers – Journal of Sports Law, Policy and Governance (Published by NESFIL in collaboration with National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam). Rolling Submissions accepted till 10th December 2017.
About the Journal
The JSLPG will be a bi-annual (May and December) double-blind peer reviewed open-access journal published under the aegis of North-East Students for the Furtherance of International Law (NESFIL), an International Law Students Association (ILSA) chapter, in
collaboration with National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
Our aim is to build a global initiative for research and development in the niche area of International Sports Law, Policy and Governance. The journal will primarily focus on highlighting, contemporary and critical issues affecting the formulation, regulation and implementation of law and policy affecting sports.
All the submitted manuscripts will be put through a strict review process by an eminent Editorial Panel of experts in the area. Submissions are invited from legal practitioners, academicians, students and other stakeholders for the forthcoming issue (December, 2017).
The submissions may relate to (but not restricted to) the following themes –
- International sports Arbitration
- The regulation of Mega-sporting events
- Issues pertaining to Ethics and Governance in sports
- Comparative sports Law
- Legal Issues pertaining to E-sports
- Anti-trust issues in sports
- The legal battles of Fantasy sports
- Sports and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Human Rights issues in sports
- Gender Issues in sports
We seek contributions in the following forms
- Long Articles (between 7,000-15,000 words including
- Short Articles (between 3,000-7,000 words including
- Essays (2000-3000 words including footnotes).
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words including footnotes).
- Case Commentaries (1000-3000 words including footnotes).
- Policy Reviews (No word limit).
1. All submissions must be made through e-mails to [email protected] in the form of an attachment in .doc or .docx (MS Word format). The subject of the email must be
edited as provided below:
Name of the Author_Type of Contribution_Name of the
Institute_Theme of the Contribution
2. All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter containing,
- Title of the paper/essays/reviews/commentaries
- Name(s) of the author(s),
- Designation, including the institution/affiliation,
- The contact information(correspondence address, email, and phone number).
3. The submission must also include an abstract of not more than 250 words.
4. The submissions must conform to the prescribed word limit. The prescribed word limits are inclusive of footnotes but not the abstract.
5. The formatting shall be according to the following parameters:
Main Text and Headings
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 12
- Line spacing – 1.5
- Margin – 1” from all sides.
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size – 10
- Line Spacing – 1.
6. All citations shall be in accordance with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation 19th Ed.
7. Co-authorship of up to 3 authors is allowed.
8. The submission should be original, unpublished and nonplagiarised. Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material and the same must be
communicated to the journal’s editorial board.
9. Copyright of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the JSLPG and the submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to JSLPG on its publication in the journal. Only the moral rights will vest with the author.
10. Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscripts to any other law journal and whether they have received an offer of publication.
11. JSLPG reserves the exclusive right to take the decision to publish the contribution or not.
Last date for submission –Rolling submissions accepted till 10th December, 2017.
All queries may be directed to the email – [email protected] and in case of any immediate needs, contact us at – +91-7896524945, +91-8136086469
More information on our website HERE