Application form is available on a payment of Rs. 200/-.
Instructions regarding enrolment as an advocate:
Filing if enrolment application
The duly filled enrolment application with necessary enclosures should be filed by the candidates in person before the Secretary on or before Thursday of every week (4-00 p.m.)
Enclosures to the application
The application shall be accompanied by the following enclosures:
- Original law degree certificate given at the time of convocation or provisional passing certificate.
- A statement of marks cards of all the three years or five years in original issued by the University.
- S.S.C. Marks Card, school leaving certificate, cumulative Record, transfer certificate or any other authenticated proof of date of birth (Original).
- In case of previously employed person Retirement order & Relieving order obtained from the employer (Original).
- One set Xerox copy of each of (a) (b) (c) & (d).
- Cash Receipt for having credited to the Bar Council Rs. 8001- (In case of S.C/S.T. Rs. 3001- towards enrolment Fee, cost of embossed Enrolment Certificate and Miscellaneous Charges, Issue of Identification Card. The amount in cash shall be paid in the office.
- A sum of Rs. 2001- (In case of S.C. or S.T. Rs. 75/- has to be remitted to the VYSYA BANK LTD., HIGH COURT EXTENSION, Bangalore (Bank Challan Enclosed).
- Indian Non-Judicial Stamp papers of the value of Rs. 5001.
- Four passport size latest photographs are to be affixed.
Enrolment of candidates
The student who has already submitted the enrolment application form has to check the Notice Board on the announced dates. Students whose names are listed on the notice board have to appear before the Enrolment Committee at 2-00 p.m. ON FRIDAY i.e. on Enrolment day, with the prescribed robes.
If the candidates fail to appear before the Enrolment Committee on the day of Enrolment, they may appear on the next enrolment day on payment of late fee of Rs. 100/-.
The Enrolment Certificates will be sent to the candidates by R.P.A.D. to the addresses furnished by them and if the certificates are returned undelivered for any reason, the candidates have to pay Rs. 1001- towards processing charges.
At the time of filing the Application you have to pay Rs. 2,850/- towards welfare fund.
Time period taken : 10-25 days
Note: Fees are subject to change, so keep a tab on the official website to take note of any such change.
Official Website : http://ksbc.org.in/index.aspx (Online Enrollment facility available)
Address : Bar Council Of Karnataka No. 115, CMH Road, Laxmipurram, Ulsoor, Bangalore.
Contact No: 080-22484875.
- Write your FULL NAME exactly as it appears on your mark sheet, in the exact sequence as required on each form. Middle Name must be written.
- Your photograph must be taken in “uniform” which means that it must be in formal attire, preferably in a coat and tie.
- The photograph should be of stamp size. (May different from state to state)
- All document copies need to be attested. Getting the attestation from your college principal is the simplest, cheapest and fastest. Else, any gazetted officer, Special Executive Officer or member of the Bar Council will do.
- You need to submit the recommendations of 2 advocates who have been in practice for more than 10 years. Don’t forget to get their enrolment number and enrolment date, which will be on their Advocates ID Card.
- For any query directly contact the office of your respective State Bar Council.
LawSikho has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, referrals and various opportunities. You can click on this link and join: