In this article, Pradipta Nath discusses how to seed KYC data in the EPF portal on your own.
An employee can do seed the KYC details on his/her own.
The benefits of activating UAN and seeding the KYC details in the PF portal are many. Those are furnished below:-
Online PF withdrawals
The employee did not need to interact with his/her employer. Hence no question of visiting and waiting at the ex-company for the authorized person’s signature.
No documentation required
Upon successfully seeding the KYC details in the PF portal, and subsequently getting approval from his/her employer, an employee is free from the cumbersome documentation part of EPF.
An employee has to activate his/her UAN for seeding the KYC as well as for the case of withdrawal. Seeding KYC details is not possible if the employee has not yet activated his/her UAN. So an employee must ensure to activate his/her EPF beforehand.
Upon activating the UAN, an employee can see his/her PF passbook. The employee can get his/her per month PF contribution.
Online PF transfer
An employee can even able to transfer his/her EPF account from one organization to another. But beforehand the employee must ensure to activate his/her UAN and inform his/her UAN to his/her present employer to avoid any duplication of UAN for the same employee.
Note: – Has to keep in mind if the KYC details are once seeded against an UAN, again generating an UAN for that same employee can lead to hackle for the employee in withdrawing his/her PF. An employee may have to go on liaisoning with the EPF authority and the employer may avoid or ignore the employee to provide help for hiding and/or not disclosing any material fact on his/her pre EPF a/c no. and/or employment.
Documents to be seeded in the EPF
- Bank a/c no.
- IFSC code
- PAN Card no.
- Aadhar Card no.
It is mandatory to seed the above mentioned documents no. in order to get the online EPF withdraw benefits.
Step by step to seed the KYC details is EPFO
1. Activate your UAN
Go to the EPF site www.unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in or simply copy and paste the link below.
The following screen will come…(But to make sure that the employee has obtained the UAN from his/her HR for its smooth process.)
2. Fill up the details. Please, to make sure that the mandatory fields do not remain blank and the mobile no. which will be provided in this filed do not changed.
- Upon feeding the UAN no., name, DOB and the Captcha click the ‘Get Authorization Pin’, the below screen will come up.
- Please, to enter the OTP no. which will come in the mobile no. provided. So make sure that the mobile is kept beside while doing this UAN activation. Click the ‘I agree’ box and put the OTP in the box provided.
Note: OTP id will be created automatically, you just have to enter the OTP.
5. Congratulation, your UAN will get activated upon choosing the password and final submission!!
6. Go to the home page of the EPF portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Else can simply copy and paste the below link
7. Put your UAN no., password, captcha and then click on the ‘sign in’ box.
8. Upon signing in the below screen will be opened.
9. From the ‘Manage’ option you can even change your e-mail id and/or mobile no.
Click on the KYC menu.
The below screen will be opened…
Fill up the red colour highlighted documents details, for the online withdrawal benefits and then click on the ‘save’ option.
10. Upon saving the same the below screen will come up, showing the status as ‘Pending KYC’.
11. After the employer approves the uploaded KYC by the employee, the status will get transformed as ‘Approved KYC’ like the below.
12. Though after clicking the ‘Save’ box, the data will automatically reflected into the employer’s EPF portal and want for approval of the same through the digital signature of the authorized person.
13. It is also suggested that the employee himself or herself do approach the Human Resource Department of the Company in writing stating to approve the KYC. In that case the letter should be attached with the photo copy of PAN card, Aadhar card and a cancelled cheque. Also please to make sure that take a receipt of the submission therein from the HR or the receive section.
14. The reason to submit the hard copy letter is that the employer or its representative cannot take the approval of KYC task into lethargic.
For processing Online Claim the following points to be remembered
- The claims on the member has to satisfy that the UAN is activated
- Aadhar number is seeded and has been verified by the employer.
- Bank detail is seeded and the same is verified and approved too by the employer.
- PAN card details are seeded and verified & approved accordingly by the employer.
It is the right of the employee to get his/her documents approved within one month from the employer, else the employee after submitting hard copy request letter to the HR can move to the EPF authority against its employer for not cooperating. To mention separately that the same right can be invoked by the ex-employee too.
Relief for the Employees if the employer is not approving his/her KYC or showing lethargy
RTI to the EPF department
The employee can file RTI to the EPF authority for the reason as to why still his/her KYC verification has not been done?
To make the RTI more authentic, the employee can attach the hard copy screen shots print outs with the RTI application. Else it’s always suggested to file the RTI through an expert so that the key ingredients are not missed out.
Complain to the EPF department
The employee can even make direct complain to the EPF authority in their grievance cell. The complain website is http://epfigms.gov.in/
Further, in this respect be noted that the site is for only submission of online complains. In case the employee has not obtained UAN no. from his/her employer and has activated the same, the employee cannot file the online complain through this portal.
Approach to the Employer or Director directly
Normally it is found that the HR takes care of all the EPF matters of a Company. Hence if the approval of KYC is urgent and has to be done by a date it’s not viable to go with the RTI or the online complain procedure.
In that case the employee can directly approach the Director of the Company and escalate the matter.